Christmas is here and you are looking for gifts for friends and colleagues, don’t you hate sitting there looking at the business or leadership book section going “GOOSSHHH what do I read that doesn’t suck?!?” This might help….
PR Newswire sent out a list of 800-CEO-Read ‘s 9th annual book awards.
Dylan Schleicher, said of the Shortlist,
“All 40 longlist titles deserve admiration and attention, but these eight titles stand out for their execution of idea, quality of writing, and potential impact on readers in the workplace and in life.”
Here are the titles:
- We Are Market Basket: The Story of the Unlikely Grassroots Movement That Saved a Beloved Business by Daniel Korschunand Grant Welker.
- Everybody Matters: The Extraordinary Power of Caring for Your People Like Family by Bob Chapman and Raj Sisodia.
- How to Fly A Horse: The Secret History of Creation, Invention, and Discovery by Kevin Ashton.
- The Compass and The Nail: How the Patagonia Model of Loyalty Can Save Your Business, and Might Just Save the Planet by Craig Wilson.
- The Revenue Growth Habit: The Simple Art of Growing Your Business by 15% in 15 Minutes Per Day by Alex Goldfayn.
- Boss Life: Surviving My Own Small Business by Paul Downs.
- Reclaiming Conversation: The Power of Talk in a Digital Age by Sherry Turtle.
- America’s Bank: The Epic Struggle to Create the Federal Reserve by Roger Lowenstein.